Thursday 15 May 2014

WHAT I WISH MY LADY KNEW!!!



Dear Sweet heart,
I would like to think that you know what you want in life,
What level of education, career, business, social standing, relations; Spiritual pursuits, kids and pets.
And so I hope I do not get surprised when fixation and nostalgia kick in!
It is very possible that you know what you want in a man,
That you know how tall, my melanin endowment or lack thereof, how remunerated 
 How six packed, how straight chinned and how bass drummed my voice should be,
How high up the ladder to work though not too much and neither for long hours coz I must make time for you too !!!
 

 
But I won’t rule out the fact that you,
Might just want chicken and chips, more shades of pink than pink itself,
More hair styles than Straka’s Guinness records and in different colours too
  
More shoes than your whole village put together, more nail jobs, 
More scents than the chemistry lab, more twitter followers than Katy Perry.
And maybe more wine, and even some more.

I appreciate that you might not get the pickup lines,
But maybe you enjoy the forlorn utopia they inject,
I am grateful that you enjoy spending time with me,
Which is why, I must go out every time in a public place with six of your other girlfriends in earshot.
Which is why, it will not mean much if I am not blowing five 
figures in KFC, Javas, Mc Donald’s or any such places.
Believe me my little angel that I do not mind housing your whole clan. 
I am sweet like that. (sic)

I actually relish the sight of you trying on all the clothes in
  the mall while asking for my opinion every single time, 
Because if I liked you enough, you would not look as pretty in the next dress, the next; and the next.
If you could at least care for the price tags, or at least keep a few pennies for UMEME (Bills).

I perhaps would have preferred that you actually dance after I have paid,
Rather than chatting and stretching my pennies away,
I would love to say that to me, it matters what color your dress, nails and hair are;
How high your heels are and what color of lipstick you wear.
But unfortunately, that is still an elusive trail.

I appreciate that you don’t like mud and sand on your well-manicured toes,
And I will not ask why you have no clue about the difference between front crawl and back crawl;
But you still insist on going to the beach, and that is because you cannot get fish in Nakasero market !!!

I agree that you don’t give two hoots about soccer, 
But I am still at a loss what you actually care for,
And bless my soul if I dare talk about the wallet size.

I hope it matters to you what I look like, how simple and genuine I endeavor,
That I won’t have to worry about,
The less genetically gifted albeit politically connected goons;
The blokes with all the money and all the girls.
But perhaps you prefer being added to the list, perhaps, perhaps.


I do not mean to snap at you.
I really mean to be romantic and sweet, and I am actually not that bad at it, 
Sometimes  though, you just happen to log onto My space.



 (Aside)
Next time, Beyonce honey, don't bring your sister Solange along.

I know it will help her non-existent career to hear that she beat me, the Mighty Jay-z;
But please darling, this is a Bad Romance going Gaagaa..let us keep it Beyz. No relatives Okay?!

$TOH


<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/matsikogm/posts/10202992542028643" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/matsikogm/posts/10202992542028643">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/matsikogm">Matsiko Godwin Muhwezi</a>.</div></div>




No comments: