Friday 8 May 2015

BEAUTY PROBLEMS episode 10


He walked towards the kitchen and the fireplaces were worse than a stone-cold tomb in a sullen graveyard. He opened the fridge to a biting chill of frozen steak and cabbage.
He looked at the sink, clogged with utensils lined with greasy remains of decaying foodstuffs the crumbs of which were attracting a train of black ants. He saw a cockroach jump out of his cup and head down the drain. Chime leaped towards the gullet but he stomped out of the place in time to avoid whitewashing the dining table.

Back in the sitting room, his wife lay curled in the settee with her palms firmly clutching a pillow leaning parallel from chin to belly.

“Sleep, that is all you know”, He shouted scaring her to sitting position. “A married man cannot even get decent breakfast in his own house when the woman is just sleeping in expensive sofas all day and night, do you even know that those things cost an arm and a leg?, but how would you?, a spoilt piece of skirt"
“Shut up your drunken mouth, and don't abuse me like that", she said pointing her index towards his nose, "do you have a maid whom you pay to cook for you, so that you you start shouting like a kasuku?” She retorted

“Look at you, shamelessly abusing a man like me. Did I marry you to increase my water and electricity bills?, What do you do for me for example, you can’t give me a decent night, no food, yet you keep asking me for money?”

“Go me slow sebbo" she stood up, her negligee creased from all angles, " do not think that because by doing you a favour and becoming your wife I can’t do anything else. Don’t forget I was the best in my class and my degree has not molded.”

“Degree indeed, those marks which you got by sleeping with lecturers are the ones you are talking about, hehehe, if you were that bright would you have allowed to become a house wife like a p.5 drop out?, whore just, no wonder you can’t even give birth. You probably murdered all your eggs all that time you aborted with those older men”


“What did you call me?” She dropped back into the seat, a tear rolled on her cheek and she did not bother to wipe it off. “If it was not for you spending all those nights with young girls would you not find your wife waiting?, all you do is come drunk smelling like ammonia and jumping on people like a beast. How can you say I aborted, that is unfair, a lie and you know it. Am I God, am I the one who gives children?” she looked in his eyes and he returned a cold stare, “ it might even be you who cannot...but because I am a woman you are blaming me”

“ There you go again with your theatrics, let me assure you though, I am a man and I can do what I want, when I want, you better be available when I need you and you damn better clean my house and start serving me warm meals. I can get a child elsewhere but I cannot stand a lazy woman in my house, nonsense”. He slammed the door and drove off.

$TOH

No comments: